i can be brown; i can be blue; i can be violet sky
[html]

Though he had dedicated a substantial amount of time to it as a yearling, Laruku had never considered himself particularly good out it, though it was hard to say whether or not this was just innate self-criticism. He had good rhythm, but his fingers were clumsy. It took time for him to adjust to different keys, it was hard for him to play a lot of chords in a row, and it often took a page or two before he got really "into" any particular song. And he had never been able to concentrate well enough to manage playing and singing simultaneously, though oddly, though he liked singing, he rarely played music that had accompanying lyrics. Pianos are hard to cart around, he said with the same small smile, I haven't looked around this city much either -- there are probably some around, but I don't know where yet.

At the mention of a cellist, the hybrid was reminded briefly of a one-time encounter with what seemed to have been a half-dozen random musicians back on the other side of the mountain. Though he couldn't really remember, he didn't think that they had actually ever played anything together. It had been too chaotic and impromptu of a gathering; they hadn't known each other, and no one was prepared. I don't know very many other musicians, but it might just be because I don't ask. At the very least, he figured most people would sing in one way or another, for one reason or another.

He had been told before that he had a pretty voice, but though he would do it anyway if prompted, Laruku didn't much like the idea of singing in front of others. It always seemed to be a coincidence that anyone heard his singing voice at all. I liked classical music a lot and Christmas music, he said, Pachelbel's Canon in D is a favorite. He wondered if he still had it memorized. He wondered if his fingers remembered. What kind of music is played on a banjo?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread