i can be brown; i can be blue; i can be violet sky
[html]
“Folk music, mostly,” he said partially out of the fact that most of what he knew was folk music. “But you could play just about anything on it if you wanted to. I don't or really, I can't read sheet music but I know the sounds that the notes make well enough to figure out how most things are played.” And simply to demonstrate the sound of his instrument, he ran his thumb against the strings once and let it resonate between them. Some days he hated to admit that he had never grasped understanding what dots on lines meant, other days it didn't really matter to him. He liked to play, simple as that. When others enjoyed it though, Laurel enjoyed it the most. Unlike most music played on a piano, the music he played did have lyrics and in some sense made me was some sort of modern day bard with the way that they told stories.

“I can't really remember where I saw a piano at last… I'm not even sure it was in tune, but I want to say it was in a bar somewhere. Really fancy one, like one of those saloons you find way the hell out in the southwest where the deserts are,” and now he was talking like Laruku had been there himself. “Had a little stage and everything, I think.” Maybe it was a banquet hall, now that he thought about it. Either way, it was a bit hazy in itself, though it may have only been a week or two since he had seen it in passing. “If I ever come across it again, maybe I'll have to track you down and show you it.” He thought maybe it would be nice to give the pianist back his keys, anyway. Probably would beat sitting on a dusty floor reading things, right?
[/html]

Messages In This Thread