Carry Me Home Tonight
[html]

She had lived free in the forests for months now, defending herself from all sorts of foes...both canine and creature. Wretch was learning fighting techniques slowly but surely from various scuffles like this one. She realized that each time she chose to fight it could be her last, so she normally chose to run away from the fights if she was able to. She needed more hands on experience...more training. But pack life wasn't for her. She liked having the freedom to roam wherever she wanted to, without ties to anyone or anything. Wretch did make friends of her own and met up with them on occasion, and she did have a few canines that she enjoyed traveling alongside...but they weren't anything she'd consider a group, or a pack. The many ceremonies that they'd done in Ichika, the ordered planning and the pack rank structure...it was all entirely unappealing.

The male said that he wasn't there to hurt her, and her mind worked laboriously to discern the reasoning behind his words. She didn't know that she would be the one to jump into a fight like this that involved a stranger, someone that she didn't even know. Perhaps if it was one of her friends that had gotten caught in the fray. But otherwise, how was one to know who was the bad guy in the situation and who was the victim? Maybe her victim role was more obvious, given her size and stature. Her stomach gave a complaint once more and she fought the urge to throw up, leaning against the tree nearest to her. She got sick around blood for some reason...something about it just made her stomach roll. The fact that she was bleeding from the cut on her leg didn't help things.

"I've been in scraps like this before" She said, a defensive edge to her voice. She pointed to a few scars, lifting her hair up to show deep gauges in the skin at the nape of her neck. "I got stupid, just like today." It was shameful, what had happened. She should have known better than to go after them at all. Her belongings weren't worth as much as her life. "But in any case..thank you. I...I am used to relying on myself, so I am unused to the idea that others would want to try and help." Suddenly remembering that she had her bag with her, she reached inside. She'd found a small blanket a few days back. Wretch ripped a small strip off of the cloth, leaning down to wrap it around her cut with a grimace. "What were you doing in this neck of the woods, River?" She didn't smell any particular pack on him, but she hadn't been to every pack before.

<style>
.wretch_forest .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.wretch_forest p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.wretch_forest b {color:#84ba35; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.wretch_forest {background-color:#d3eed4; background-image:url(http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/9266 ... forest.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5b8f80; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 210px 0px; }
.wretch_forest-border {width:404px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table image © me'nthedogs @ Flickr
[/html]

Messages In This Thread