I want to have faith to put away the dagger
[html]

(328)

Ithiel is by Raze!

He knew these things, too, he supposed -- it was unlikely his father would return here. The best course had been decided for him, though, and Ithiel was needed here until Ezekiel decided he was no longer useful. And then what? He would return to Scintilla, he supposed, and inform them of his failure. As his half-brother spoke, Ithiel found himself nodding, then shaking his head, and then nodding again. The movements were slight, minor agreement and minor disagreement.

They will not. They will want all of Inferni gone, and any coyote sympathies with us. But it was not me or Aemon they came for. They came for the same thing I did. Failing to find Gabriel, they will settle for his sons and his old clan, yes, he admitted, squaring his own shoulders. It did not matter why they'd come to Ithiel -- the fact was, they were here, and they needed dealing with. Their motivations meant little to him. It was disquieting to see the symbols they wore and to know from whence they'd come, but he did not think it mattered in the long run -- their blood or Inferni's own must stain the soil now.

Let me find them, he said. There are at least three -- that means there are more, maybe ten, he said. Give me my brother and two more who can ride and fight, and we will kill them all, the man said, knowing such might be folly. He had no way of knowing how many there were, and he had no way of knowing where they were -- but he was a scout at heart, made to track after his foes and find their secret spots in the world. He was confident in his ability to discover them, should they prove even slightly careless with their trails and hunts. Eradicating them was another matter entirely, of course, but Ithiel thought he might do well to cripple their numbers before perishing.

<style>
@import url('http://sleepyglow.net/rp/post.css');
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread