colors unlocked
[html]

Skoll Haskel

Word Count - 289

The golden boy snorted at his brother’s insistence that the closed doors and hidden treasures were only surprises. How could Kable sound so calm and wise when he lived around so much cool stuff? “It’s not really a surprise if you never open ’em up to be surprised,” he pointed out petulantly, then shrugged. “Maybe they’re mysteries, I guess, but I like to solve mysteries.” It was obvious that he was more of an act-er than a thinker. As buried as his nose might be in books sometimes, at least the people in the books were doing something!

Light came into the room suddenly, and Skoll shielded his green eyes with a hand momentarily before flashing the grey wolfdog a grin. He went back to work on the picture of his sister, knocking together some reds and blues and yellows clumsily. None of the pieces were quite the right shape and size, but he did what he could, and nodded lightly at his own work. Meanwhile, Kable was collecting some of the glass, holding it up to the light in its only slightly opaque bag. All the colors everywhere were almost overwhelming for Skoll; he had the puppyish urge to go chasing them all, dance in them, everything!

“I know you can make paint and dyes and stuff,” the young Haskel said uncertainly as his brother mused about the glass. “I dunno, the humans made lotsa stuff that’s weird. But maybe they dyed it?” He inspected the glass; it was too smooth to be covered in paint as sloppy and thick as what the d’Artisan girl had painted on him. He knew dye was lighter, stayed in fur easier, so the glass wouldn’t lose its color in the rain.

table by raze; image from wikipedia commons

<style>
.skollkhan-a05 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/9efX3.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 310px 0px; font-family:garamond, serif; font-size:14px; letter-spacing:1px; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border:1px #000 dashed; border-top:none;}
.skollkhan-a05 .ooc {font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px; width:490px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.skollkhan-a05 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.skollkhan-a05 p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:5px 5px;}
.skollkhan-a05 b {font-family:georgia; font-size:12px;}
.skollkhanname {font-size:50px; font-family: 'Mate SC'; text-align:center; padding:20px; text-shadow:#000000 1px 1px 1px;}
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread