i can be brown; i can be blue; i can be violet sky
[html]

Laruku could be called a classicist, a romantic, a illusioned dreamer with one limb in reality and three hanging elsewhere. He was secretly introverted, but circumstance had outed him to the public, put him on a decrepit throne, and given him a tarnished crown. He had thus learned how to be a political figure; he had faked the confidence and poise and formality, and he had carried that title for so long that now freed, he wasn't really sure if he just wanted to hide from people or not. It was, after all, very lonely to be alone, even when contemplation gave him all the conversation he never really wanted. He liked the music he could make, and he could be entranced by others' music, but that didn't mean that he knew how to react to it.

Still, he retained his smile, and nodded at Laurel's brief demonstration and continued explanation, his narrative. I've never really traveled, the hybrid admitted, Was born on the other side of this mountain and probably would have died there if the fire hadn't come. The half-childhood he had been forced to spend away from home didn't seem to count for much anymore. In the end, it didn't really seem like Acid had led him very far -- just far enough that a three month old would spend the next eight months trying to find his way back. And it didn't seem to matter either that he would have died there because of the fire, had others not intervened. The floor isn't so bad, he added, If it isn't music, it will just be books. Escapism at its best.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread