and though we have sinned all of our lives
Whooo, almost too 100 posts...!

[html]
He got the joke, but gave another shake of his head. “Nah, I move around too much to settle for things like that. ‘Sides, one of me is probably enough for the world and if I had kids like that they'd be carbon copies and that's a bit of a scary thought,” and he was very entertained by it, far too able to conjure up just exactly the madness that would have brewed. Children were one thing that Laurel wasn't sure if he had a distaste or a fondness for, ultimately it seemed like it depended on the child at hand. Ones that were well behaved and curious often grasped his attention in a good way, others that were just snotty and often made a mess of things got a frown instead. Typical things.

“There's some out there who travel around like that though and it makes quite a scene to see. The kids are often a bit too rowdy for their own good, usually boys. I guess I was pretty rowdy in my own little way when I was young too and I don't think we ever moved around anywhere.” A sense of nostalgia washed over him, easily reflected in his face for a fleeting moment. “But what about you, got any little spider stompers around?” She didn't strike him as being a mother, but then again, maybe she was. She certainly seemed old enough (ignoring age before beauty once again), but there was just as much of a chance she wasn't as she was.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread