you've lost nothing but your self-conceit
[html]

The boy swirled his cloak around proudly then giggled as Terra struggled to free herself from the hungry cloth. It did look like a monster was trying to drag her into another dimension, tangling her in its folds so she couldn’t break free. As it wrapped around her coyote tail, she lightly criticized his choice of fashion, leaving him huffing and tossing his knight’s cloak down to the floor petulantly. He thought he’d looked rather heroic and dashing, but he didn’t have a mirror, so maybe Terra was right. This fabric stuff had been her idea, anyway, and she seemed to know Strelein better than him…so she was the expert here.

The hybrid disappeared into the greyness of another cloth, reminding him of a drab and dreary winter, or maybe an old picture in one of the human frames. He grinned, puzzled, at the effect before she waved a gold-slashed green cloth into existence. His eyes widening and ears perking at her words, he grabbed it and grinned.

“All that’s left is the sword,” Skoll said sadly, but he swirled the cloak around as if deflecting a magic blow. “But I’m good with claws and teeth too!” He opened his fearsome jaws wide and threw his hands up, gripping the edges of the cloth as if spreading wings. “I hope you have a magic cloak,” he woofed, and that was all the warning he gave before trying to jump at her and wrap her up in the striped fabric.

<style type="text/css">
.skskl b {font-weight:bold; color:#702b19; letter-spacing:1px; }
.skskl p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.skskl {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#905c2c; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/HS0ne.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0b052c; padding: 350px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cba060; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread