Rain on Me
[html]

Words – 300+

The rain drops began to fatten and plummeted to earth with more and more force. There was a good few minutes of comfortable silence between the two wolves as they sat together under their tree. Jaden was watching the sea again and listening to the rain. With the warm body next to him with whom he had so much in common the weather wasn’t dreary anymore. His mind wandered everywhere except to where the woman next to him thought it might be. He had no interest in using her for anything, even loving her was a far off prospect. And it wasn’t because she was undesirable. It was because he hadn’t the trust in himself to love so easily. His first mate had sacrificed herself to let him live. He blamed himself harshly for her death and would give anything to keep those around him safe from the monster he believed lived within.

But he wouldn’t push her away. No, he was quite interested in the woman. Have you ever watched the ocean? He broke the silence with a low question. She was close enough that he didn’t need to speak very loud for her to hear the deep rumbling of his voice. You said you grew up on an island? I suppose you couldn’t have gone long without seeing it. I think it’s absolutely peaceful, very beautiful too. The waters were a constant. No matter what he was dealing with, or what might be going on around him, they never changed. Sometimes she had an attitude but that was usually only with the bad weather. If he didn’t have such a heavy phobia of the unseen depths, he would probably spend days just swimming and roasting on the beach. It is something I take comfort in, just watching the waves. But I could just be odd that way. He smiled at her, Do you have something similar? Something you do just because it relaxes you?

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread