i can be brown; i can be blue; i can be violet sky
[html]

There is only creativity fail when you start quoting Fight Club. D;

A cynic's sneer floated in from the back of his mind at Laurel's answer. He found the concept of "someone new" subject to debate. Most people were very much the same when stripped apart and analyzed. They either had a good childhood or a more difficult one, but whatever paths they chose seemed limited to a half dozen or so, and in the end, they would become one of just a handful of personalities. A humble wanderer, an arrogant prince, an ambitious hero, a contemptuous villain, a fallen angel or broken soul. They were storybook archetypes, but he would be hard-pressed to think of anyone he knew that didn't fit one of them. Even when people seemed to fit in multiple categories, the variation didn't seem to be that great. Different story? Just the details of it. A different name, a different birthplace, a different pair of parents. Same decaying flesh as everyone else.

He only nodded though. If anything, "freedom" was something he could appreciate. It must be good to not be tied down to one place, one people. Maybe someday, he said of traveling, though he wasn't really sure if he meant it. It was easy to stay where he was; it always had been, even when he'd hated it. He didn't fantasize about running away anymore, even if it wouldn't be called such now. It was beautiful, I suppose, though this place isn't all that different. In fact, everything was startlingly similar. The new packs' names were different, and maybe he didn't know all that much about them, but their presences were nearly the same as they had always been. Inferni was still making war. Wolves were still waging it back. Nothing had changed. My pack was supposed to have been cursed. Near the end, it seems like that curse had spread to the entire valley. 'Seems like it's still around sometimes. Or all the time, but he didn't go out enough to really know.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread