Look, they are already trying to tear us apart.
[html]

I like your post, even though Skoll is actually eight feet tall =P Biggest thing though is that we should ask for the topic to be moved to the territory with Halifax in it, lol. This thread is gonna be awesome.

A yellow blur appeared between two trees in the deep foliage, but vanished immediately, only to be seen through another gap further along the treeline. Skoll had decided to see where his lover had gone, and following her trail, he quickly found where it intersected with another. A large male wolf had overtaken her, and carried her away. He was on that trail now, and finding that it took a direct course to Halifax. He followed that course now, clenching his right fist over and over until the twinge from his month-old injuries was something he was used to, something he could work through. The scent was getting fresher, which meant he was getting closer.

Soro stood guard over his captive, a shrewd and calculating gaze overlooking the pathway which he expected his quarry to take for his arrival. He had spoken to Asmodai a few days ago, told him of his plan, and when to meet him in front of the church. Unfortunately, from the scents brought on the wind, it seemed like Skoll would arrive before his cousin did.

That's alright, he thought to himself, feeling the weight of his past failure still heavy on his shoulders. I don't want anyone else getting hurt this time, anyway. I am a trained warrior of GreyClaw. I am more than a match for this old man, I've seen him and sized him up already. His size advantage over me isn't enough to offset his age, and some of the injuries that produced those dozens of scars had to have gone deep enough to slow him down. He isn't faster than me, and his training isn't as good. You can be as late as you want, Asmodai. I'll handle the 'Golden Warrior' myself.

As the church came into view, Skoll continued to approach at a run, even when he saw the kidnapper standing several yards out from the doors. He continued running until he was no more than four strides from his enemy, where he finally came to a halt.

"What is the meaning of this?" he demanded, breath coming heavily. The younger male, who was only into his third year, made a wry smile. Skoll's teeth clenched and his fangs were bared. He smelled Asphyxia's scent, but he didn't see her. He saw something move in the background, and saw a black face through a hole in the church wall. "Asphyxia!" he took a step forward, but stopped when the kidnapper took a step as well. He recognized the way he moved, that certainty and fluidity.

"Do you see that heavy chain on the doors, Skoll?" he tilted his head slightly, indicating the metal binding sealing the passage. "A similar chain is on every exit of this place. It also used to be a warehouse, so no windows. The only way you're getting her out, is with this," a key was produced from a side pocket of his pack, before vanishing with it again.

Skoll wasted no time. He wanted to know who this man was and why he knew his name, but before anything else he wanted to ensure that Asphyxia was safe. As soon as Soro began replacing the key, Skoll began to approach. He didn't see the dagger being drawn from the same pocket as the key...

~The lyrics are from the best song ever written.
[/html]

Messages In This Thread