[p] devour to survive
[html]
you've killed off all the angels taking notice of you

Word Count → 317 :: I made a ton of assumptions without being totally sure of them; please poke me if I need to edit! :3

Needless to say, Vesper was wary about meeting with these Salsolians; the strike to free their slaves was still fresh in her mind. She had to remind herself that they needed to work alongside each other now to defeat the mysterious wolves that had plagued them both. The enemy of my enemy is my friend, she thought bitterly, and snorted before letting out a sharp yap. A shadow detached itself from high in the trees and flapped down to her, landing on her back and quorking softly, as if in comfort.

Stark spying now, the raven offered when he saw that soothing sounds would not help. Had he lips to smile, he might have. Bit different than boy thinking.

Your boy thinks a bit differently anyway, the pale coywolf responded blandly. At least, she needed to think differently—and set aside her hatred for the secretive and cruel inhabitants of the Thistle Kingdom. They had committed grievous offences to other canines, but at least they’d yet to harm Inferni directly. The wolves were the real threat.

A deep howl broke through her idle thoughts, and she bristled before turning off in the direction of the summons. Stark took to the skies, his shadow keeping pace with her streamlined and scarred body, until she trotted to the row of stakes at the borders. Luckily, she did not recognize the strangers there—which hopefully meant they would not recognize her.

Her blue eyes flashed to the amethyst ones of the wolfdog in front, and she inclined her head in acknowledgment although her ear remained pricked. The raven landed on one of the wolf skulls and croaked, and she flicked her tail. Will this be all of us? she asked, forgoing introductions and explanations; they all knew why they were here, and names were irrelevant. She swiveled her ear backwards to listen for her own comrades who would be joining.

vesper lupus by alaine; table code from the Mentors!

<style>
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:left; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.vesalaine-box {text-align:center;}
.vesalaine {font-family:georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.vesalaine .words {font-size:30px; font-family: 'IM Fell English'; line-height:20px; padding:10px; text-align:center;}
.vesalaine p.ooc {font-family:tahoma, sans-serif; font-size:10px; text-align:justify; text-indent:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.vesalaine p.ooc + p {padding:0px 5px;}
.vesalaine .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.vesalaine p {text-indent:25px; margin:0px; padding:5px;}
.vesalaine b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px;}
.vesalaine b:before { content: open-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.vesalaine b:after { content: close-quote; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 15px; }
.vesalaine b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>

[/html]

Messages In This Thread