Join me in death
[html]

He laughed, I don't think you'll need to worry about that. Even if they don't tell you, you can tell from their faces if they think it's bad. Laruku had always been rather blunt and tactless; even when the chronic silence had gripped him for the long stretch of months leading up to the fire, he had often said too much too quickly, without thinking about who he might offend. Or maybe he had known and tried to pretend he didn't. He hurt people too easily and too often. But Rachias had decided to at least pretend to forgive him, and he was grateful for that.

Well, you can still hear, can't you? I guess it's something you'll have to get used to. He passed Jasper the first bowl he filled, and then proceeded to fill a second. Somehow, he doubted that the boy's father would be back any time soon, but if it was within a day or so, there would still be leftovers. You should get him an eyepatch, he said, trying to humor the other while fighting a frown. It was his fault Ahren had lost vision in that eye, just as it had been his fault Tsunami had lost his. Directly or indirectly, he always seemed to bring unreasonable pain to those he cared about. He expected a voice to tell him that he should leave then, but the inside of his head had become eerily silent. Can't convince your old man to join you in your pack?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread