i can be brown; i can be blue; i can be violet sky
[html]

He wasn't really sure he had ever believed in the curse; it had felt rather like a self-fulfilling prophecy at times. unfortunate as it was, the hybrid still believed that his predecessor's death had been a suicide. He was surprised to find himself recalling Maluki's concern on the matter after he'd inherited the alphaship; oh, his make-believe brother in an unfair world -- he wondered where he was now? Far removed from this place, or more likely, long dead. There was beauty in everything, even the decay, or rather, especially the decay. Theirs was a fascinating decadence, and all of the coping mechanisms they created for themselves to keep living, even when they didn't really want to. It was a love-hate thing.

Certainly, he agreed with the nature of curses, We like to believe in apocalypses so we don't have to try as hard. When the world ended, everything would be irrelevant, so what was the point in trying to change the world? I was supposed to die a violent death was all, he answered simply, V'come close, but it hasn't happened yet. Of course, this was due entirely to the intervention of others, but for the while, he preferred to keep the conversation at arm's length. His scars and his details didn't matter, and his past was just a whisper in the wind. What sorts of other curses have you come by?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread