Spring Fever
[html]

He hoped that the girl understood that his silence had been for fun, not necessarily a threat or cruel manner of prank. He didn’t know what he might have done if she’d run away screaming, though, and it ashamed him to look back on his actions. All his life he’d tried to be gentle with smaller or younger children, but his nature to play and be careless overcame that sometimes. At least she’d been able to hold her own against him, however; he didn’t feel as bad when he thought about that.

The ice-eyed child didn’t seem to be upset with him anymore, and her tail wagged at his praise. He showed a tooth in a sideways grin until she went ahead and explained in stilted words that her grandfather had trained her, and that she was going to be a warrior.

“Me too!” Skoll said, and then amended his statement awkwardly. “Well, I’m gonna be a warrior. Sort of. I have to work hard, since I don’t have a grandfather to practice fighting with, only myself.” He was besotted with the thought, however; he might be able to rise as a golden knight, or command the Calvary as a Captain, or maybe even a Constable. That was what his father had been, if he remembered right, before he was King.

He continued to grin wider, his tail curled and wagging. “What pack are you from, anyway?”

<style>
.skollblue p {padding:5px 5px 5px 5px; margin:3px; text-indent:25px;}
.skollblue b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff;}
.skollblue t {font-style:italic; color:#fff;}
.skollblue {background-color:#2B3B3D; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#759BC1; line-height:12px; width:500px; text-align:justify; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/YPVPL.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:190px 0px 2px 0px; border:2px solid #718991; margin:2px auto; box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #626268; -moz-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #626268; -webkit-box-shadow:2px 2px 3px #626268;}
.skollblue .ooc {text-align:right; color:#102015; font-size:10px; font-weight:bold; padding:10px 0px 5px 0px; margin:3px;}</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread