sharpen up your teeth
[html]

You know I don't mind, sillyyyy. <3 I was shaping up for this to be my last post for this thread, but ehhh I don't mind if it needs another post or two. If you want, post again or archive, doesn't matter to me! Big Grin

As her blood loss threatened to claim her, Vesper felt a soft but strong arm snake around her shoulders. She might have recoiled from the touch for her pride, but Myrika’s scent was sweet in her nose, and she only leaned back into the support. She was reminded almost of dragging herself, bloody and burning, to the borders of the clan she would choose for herself. But she had not lost this time—she was glad of that, of the metallic taste in her mouth.

That Ithiel would take care of the body reassured her, and she forced herself to nod in his direction even if he didn’t seem to be actively addressing her. “You don’t need to pick me up,” she said softly to her friend, although she knew that she’d probably revoke the words later. “Although I know you’re capable,” she added, a bit of breathless laughter leaving her.

She was glad to be moving again, although every step became a bit more sluggish than the last. She pushed herself, though, praying that the mansion would be closer than she thought. One her head was bandaged, the wounds protected against infection with whatever poultice or brew Enkiel kept up with, she would be able to sleep naturally, and everything would be fine. This was a victory, and she would live; she’d gotten along this far with only half an ear, anyway.

Myrika touched her wound, and she winced but settled eventually with the pressure. “Don’t apologize,” she murmured, although it was getting harder to make sense of what the other was saying. But then—“I’m sorry. About…the wolf… I didn’t want you to have to…” She trailed off.

<style type="text/css">
.vescarr .space {width:270px; height:300px; float:right;}
.vescarr b {font-weight:bold; color:#83834a; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.vescarr t {font-style:italic; color:#83834a; letter-spacing:1px; font-family:garamond; font-size:15px;}
.vescarr p.ooc {font-size:10px; text-align:center; text-indent:0px; padding:10px 5px;}
.vescarr p.ooc + p {padding:5px 15px;}
.vescarr p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.vescarr {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/BJ5EM.png); background-position:top right; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:0px 0px 0px 0px; font-family:arial; font-size:13px; color:#99afb5; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread