on the sidelines
[html]

Big Grin! I was hoping something at the stables might tempt you~~

Word Count → 367

Hati's dark fur easily absorbed the warmth from the sun, making him drowsy and content. Some of the horses seemed to react the same way, rolling around in the grass, showering themselves in dust and pollen. He giggled quietly at how ungainly they looked then, big round barrel bellies with skinny stick legs waving about. Horses were normally so elegant, but it was a treat to see them letting loose.

Hati straightened quickly when he heard a voice hailing him, making sure his posture was proper. Appearance was important to him, as were good manners. "Hello, Marshall Alder," Hati replied politely, nodding his head in friendly greeting. The tall sandy-grey wolf with the dark mask over his eyes was a familiar sight, recognizable by his broad shoulders and scent intermingled with the horses he devoted his life's work to. He had seen Alder performing duties several times in the past, but it occurred to Hati that they had never really spoken one on one before. When he was a little pup, he spent his days shadowing his mother, meeting all the Courtiers and watching them from a distance. Now as an adolescent, he was slowly beginning to branch out and find his place on his own, but it seemed he had not made any friends with his reserved behavior. Everyone knew he was one of the king's sons, but that was all they knew about him. He wasn't sure yet if that actually bothered him, or if he preferred to keep them at a safe distance.

The wolfdog stepped lightly forward, closing the distance between them, and smiling at the Shire stallion's eagerness to meet him. "I hope I'm not keeping you from your ride," he said with a nod towards the leather tack. He raised his pale-furred hand up for the horse to inspect, remembering that the book said horses liked to sniff them before initiating contact. "I was just watching the herd graze... they're very peaceful." Blue eyes raised to meet the taller male's expression, searching for any signs of impatience or annoyance. He did not want to disturb the stable master. He would stay out of the way, if his presence was a problem.

<style>
.haticai1 {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/2QMTC.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#af9479; width:520px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:210px 0px 5px 0px; color:#4e4032; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #858484;}
.haticai1 b {color:#e0c9b1; text-shadow:#272011 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.haticai1 p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.haticai1 p.ooc {font-style:italic;}
.haticai1 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px;font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #846e3e; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
Table by Cait!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread