Lazy Day
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... forget.png); background-color:#090905; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 350px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

As interacting with others became more a part of her daily life, she was finding there were more and more differences with whom she had the pleasure to meet. This encounter was not different, though it came in the form of as strange use of words that were apparently unknown to the gently aged she-wolf. While her lack of understanding tended to be shown with words, she thought better of it this time and simple nodded her head in a kind of agreement and smiled as her oddly hued companion made himself comfortable beside her.

“Hello Alistair,” carefully she tried the name for herself, mirroring the way as it was said to her before offering her own in turn. “I am X’yrin,” she sounded, allowing the name of the ancestors to come forth with as much clarity as the day she had bequeathed it to herself. It was not a word, but a sound void of the civilized tongue, completely fashioned by feral octaves. “It is a pleasure to meet you on this fine day.” Against her kindly greeting, the heavens offered their groans of contest, shaking the ground they sat upon as the chilling breath of the coming storm intended to push them off and away. Still with a smile adorning her lips, the kind she-wolf sat still with craft in hand. Her mountainous form unmoved by the compelling winds though her lengthened mane became streamers of red curled and combed by the violent gusts. She held tightly to her craft especially as the wind intended to take it as she offered it to her newly fond companion to better see.

“It is not so much jewelry, as it is a show of rank,” she explained. While offering the length of hide and fashioned feather for him to inspect, she brought a paw to the leather cuff of her arm. “It is empty now,” she continued. “But it is used to hold the many trophies I collect. Just as this one-“ she fondly touched the unfinished piece “-will be used to hold that trophies of my partner. They are used to show our rank and our skill as hunters.” There was much more she would have to explain before the concept of these trophies was truly understood, but while she enjoyed sharing the intimacies of her culture with another, this was but a passing moment and she certainly did not wish to be found odd for this strange practices. A brief explanation would do, she reasoned.

But even when she found her own culture to be odd to others, what she was met with by this young male could be considered just as strange. And in lieu of an expression of confusion, she smiled chuckled softly as she first droplets of rain patted her muzzle. “I am perhaps the wrong one to ask, my friend. I do not find myself ‘pretty’ at all… and cannot give you an answer. However, if it is an attractive female you seek, I know of one that resides on the lands of Inferni… though I would advice that you tread lightly. They do not take kindly to the wolf breed there.”

528 words.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread