we were free like water
[html]

occ here

Word Count → 318

“Well, true—that’s why I usually tie myself with a rope, so that won’t happen. I’m a restless sleeper anyway, and I learned fast that it was pretty necessary.” She remembered sleeping the trees for the first time back in Montana. It was that pack that taught her the importance of advantages of resting up than down, but on the first night she refused the rope, thinking that she could somehow balance herself on the branch even when sleeping. “I nearly fell into a fire, well, burning embers, once when I went to sleep without securing myself. Best lesson than anything else, if you ask me,” she stated, smiling a bit at the irony that had happen.

“Besides, I usually don’t have giants scaring me out of them. Though,” she continued, being a little more solemn with the words she spoke, “there are worse things to find on the ground. The worse that can happen to you is a squirrel biting you in the trees, while other creatures could attack you.” In honestly, she never heard of a Luperci being jumped by a creature of the night, but she was at times paranoid, and didn’t want to be the first person to experience such a thing. But, she had a better reason than just that. “There’s also other people out there—thieves, slave traders, and—well, you get the picture. They would find it harder to look for their target if she was above them.”

She smiled as Adelle spoke so proudly of her training, and nodded when she spoke of how she would complete it. “That’s good to hear. People need to learn how to defend themselves and, more importantly, others, probably one of the most important skills next to hunting.” She paused for a moment, a thought coming to her, and added quickly, “Well, that, and reading the books—the best things the humans left behind. Don’t you agree?”

Code by the Mentors; photo courtesy to Olli38

<style>
.alyalyssum-2 { background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/TbDAT.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-color:#ab977f; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: left; padding:10px 0px 215px 0px; color:#50473c; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:18px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.alyalyssum-2 b {color:#e4cbad; }
.alyalyssum-2 b.m {color:#575a75; }
.alyalyssum-2 p { text-indent:40px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.alyalyssum-2 p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.alyalyssum-2 .name { font-size:45px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; text-align:right; margin:0px 45px 15px 0px; color:#FFFFFF; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 1px; }
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}
.alyalyssum-2 .wordcount {color:#50473c; letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #50473c; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}
p.template-credit {text-indent:0px; text-align:center; font-size:10px; font-style:italic; width:425px; text-align:center; margin:0px auto;}

</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread