Two Peas in a Pod [j]
[html]

Baharak tried to take a few deep (but subtle) breaths to calm herself down. She wished she hadn’t sounded so unsure about joining Vinatta. Or perhaps she sounded too presumptuous? Somehow, she felt she had managed both. Why couldn’t she get it just right! Karril didn’t add much either, so he didn’t fix anything. Maybe Saul would think her too stupid, and Kariril too silent, to permit them to join. If only she could show him how capable she was, and how good-hearted and insightful her brother could be. She could definitely prove it, if only he just gave them a little time.

Fortunately, the Vinatta leader still seemed friendly. He didn’t kick them out! In fact, he was considering them for membership to his pack! Ara had to try very hard to break out into a wide-grinned smile. However, she could hardly help herself. Nor could she stop herself from answering his questions immediately (Karril didn’t stand a chance), she was so eager to please.”Well, we’re from a few weeks travel west. We were very careful about heading due east you see, until we hit the ocean and had to skirt around it, that is. Anyways, we were both brought up in the same pack. My mum was a bit strange with Karril, not that it was his fault of course! Karril is very good-natured, and a great hunter! I’m sure he’d be pretty helpful around here. I’m not really sure what mum’s problem was, and he’d never say a bad thing about anyone, so I guess we’ll never know.” She looked meaningfully at her half brother. Maybe she was oversharing, but if Saul was going to accept them into Vinatta, he had a right to know. She continued on, ”So I got a bit lost outside of our pack's territory a few months after Karril left, and that's when we found each other again! He was very kind about returning me home, but I thought it better that we stick together… so that’s how we got here!”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread