Two Peas in a Pod [j]
Karril thought back to the day he'd been forced to leave his home. He had been born to a wandering loner, and his father's wife, Kenna, had never loved him. One day when he was just eight months old, he'd gone out to play with the other cubs, just like any other day. On his way home for dinner, Kenna had pulled him aside, ostensibly to speak with him. Instead, as soon as they were out of sight of his brothers and sisters, she told him he had never been part of the pack, and it was time to leave, now. When he had seemed uncertain, she bared her fangs and growled. He had left, then, and had never returned. He thought for a moment how best to answer Saul's questions.

[html]"I'm not sure how the rest of my family is, as I left home more than six months ago. By chance Ara and my paths crossed ways, we have traveled together ever since, and I am glad for her company. We pull our own weight, and we are happy to fulfil any duties your pack requires of us." He was trying to put their best paws forward, but he couldn't resist quietly adding "and If your pack has any silences lying around, Ara would be more than happy to fill them".[/html]

Messages In This Thread