Tides that I tried to swim against
[html]
I forgot to say how much I love the title of this thread. I adore Coldplay!

He had a feeling that something else was making her hurt other than the puppies growing inside her. But did he have the right to even ask, after what he'd done? He didn't feel like he could pry into her life. If he butted in and made things worse, he didn't know what he'd do. So Kansas didn't ask her, and he tried to content himself with believing it was just an arguement with one of the pack members, or something minor. He didn't even want to consider it might have to do with Conri; so he didn't.

He searched for coldness in her voice, to prepare himself. But her words were as kind as ever, and he supposed that was just Naniko. But she had to resent him a little; she had to have sensed his attraction to her before it happened. You didn't hurt me. I was... as much a part of it as you were. I should've known better by now. He didn't want them to play ping-pong with who was to blame, but he wished she could see that he had terrible guilt about this. You're... my best friend too. I think it had to be tense. I don't know about Lucifer, but I was afraid to approach you. I... wanted to leave you alone for awhile. He'd slept with her when he knew she was still with Conri. That was encroaching on her life enough.

Kansas hated how cowardly he was.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread