Storm in a teacup
[html]

Defenceless? What are you on?

[Image: header.jpg]

Enemy? What was he talking about? He knew exactly where he was going, that there would be no enemy here. Why are you lying to me, Asmodai? She was his leader, dammit. You knew these were your packlands. I saw you skulking. Why in your right mind would you mistake me for an enemy? And if you don't start telling the truth, I'll rouse Iskata and I'd like to see you explain this to her. Hel's voice was as cold as steel, her eyes glinting menacingly. Never before had she been faced with such a tough decision. She wanted Asmodai in the pack, he was a valued member and knew a few tricks. But he was obviously holding something back. Why?

His next words turned her insides to ice. She looked away. Could this be why he was so secretive? So they would not find out about his pain? Her voice was more subdued now, as if she too suffered alongside him. I am sorry to hear that. Why did he not come here, to join us? And how did he die? Still, it nagged at her. It did not excuse his behaviour. Or his skill. What in the world was all this about? Hel had lied about who she was, yes, so perhaps her attitude bordered on hypocrisy. But at least she had not concealed her skill in weaponry.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread