i can be brown; i can be blue; i can be violet sky
[html]

Honestly, Laruku didn't remember much about when the humans were there. Self-pitying as he was, he had probably been too preoccupied with something else, despite the obvious potential threat the furless, bipedal creatures posed. A packmember whose name he couldn't remember now had done much of the scouting, though the hybrid himself had chanced a glimpse of them here and there. I think most people were afraid of them more than anything, he said, They had horses and guns. Enough to outrun them and shoot them from a distance. We couldn't communicate directly, but they had dogs too. A few brave souls might have also tried to pass notes to them, which could have very well worked out, considering canines have largely adopted the humans' written language.

In some sense, Laruku had regarded them no differently than he might have regarded a new band of wolves or coyotes in the area. They had been investigated and left alone because they had not appeared threatening. They had defenses, sure, but whatever their goals had been, it had not involved encroaching upon any claimed territories. And so they had never clashed. They were all the same, in the end. They were gone pretty fast. Were around maybe a month? I don't think many people ended up crossing paths with them.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread