Returning, Only to Leave Again
[html]

Word Count :: 287

OOC

Kiara did not want to let Dalgina know about her troubles in the past few months. A puppy, no matter how big, should not have to be burdened by death and loss. The young mother wanted to make sure that Dalgina was left in the dark as long as possible. Unfortunately, Dalgina was riddled with the worst questions she could ask. Kiara wasn't surprised; the black puppy had a knack for finding just the questions she shouldn't ask. Sad, blue eyes stared down at the young female; her black body was pressed tightly into Kiara's. What was she supposed to say?

The white wolf took a deep breath, pushing back her sorrow and pain while trying to hide her feelings from Dalgina. Kiara smiled as she nuzzled the wolf dog. Dalgina was in a way, her daughter too. "I missed you too Dalgina. I'm sorry that we couldn't stay together. At least you have your family and new friend." When the young mother pictured Taru, she thought of a young wolf like Dalgina, although perhaps a little bit older. "Yes, the puppies did receive their names. My completely white daughter was named Anna. Her sister became Lucia, and their brother was named Kohaku after his grandfather."

A knot formed in her chest as she spoke of her dead daughter and missing son. Kohaku had most likely died by the hands of some predator who had caught the puppy wandering around by himself. Anna had died just after receiving her name. The memories were painful and ate at Kiara's heart. Even so, Kiara was glad that she had given Anna a name. Although it was cute how Dalgina had given them all nicknames, none of her choices were proper names.

<style type="text/css">
.character-Springmom b {font-weight:bold; color:#021F2B; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-Springmom .ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.character-Springmom p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.character-Springmom {margin:0px auto; width:466px; background-color:#425D3F; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4Usfm.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 400px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#24CF81; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread