au claire de la lune
[html]
Ugh I gave a great first impression, huh? Making you wait over two weeks for a reply. >__>; / +375

A dark tail ghosted through the cool air, and Skoll tilted his head slightly as he watched his brother settle down on his belly. It was almost impossible to see him, other than the oddly sharp outline of his ears and the shining reflection of his blue eyes as they locked on the brighter brother. Everything had that cold edge to it at night, much different than the soft and blended hues of the world under the sunlight.

“You woke me up,” the blonde wolfdog answered to the first question, although he didn’t sound at all annoyed about that. It was different, anyway, and it was giving him a new insight into what his brother actually did all the time. Skoll didn’t really know what his siblings did for fun, although he supposed they clung to their parents; Lottie went on patrols with their father while Hati assisted their mother. The bigger prince loved and looked up to his parents, but he was more ready to break out from their lives—just enough to live his own. He’d always come back to Cour des Miracles.

He frowned at the other’s plea. “Okay,” he said uncertainly, not sure why they’d be mad. It wasn’t as if Hati was sneaking outside of the pack under cover of darkness—at least, he didn’t think so. It didn’t seem like him to disobey even an unspoken rule.

Skoll almost snorted at his brother’s explanation, but then he followed his gaze to the silver-lined grass stalks. It literally was like night and day. In fact, he found all the smells and sounds coming to him stronger than they ever had in daylight. He could take things for granted when the sun shone and it was harder to hide, but this—it set him on edge, and he didn’t know if he liked the thrill or not. When an owl hooted, he nearly jumped then gathered himself a bit closer to the rock, his ears swiveling boldly in that direction.

“I guess it’s cool,” the squire conceded, his yellow tail beginning to dance. He flashed a little smile up at his brother. “Wanna go explore the rest of this nightworld? Or do you always come to the same rock and sit?”

<style>
.skowide {background-color:#000; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/duCLQ.png); background-position:top right; width:95%; max-width:730px; background-repeat:no-repeat; margin:0px auto; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; line-height:16px; color:#e1efbe; text-align:left; padding:3px 0px; border:#fff 1px solid; outline:#000 1px solid;}
.skowide .space {float:right; width:300px; height:250px;}
.skowide p {padding:3px 15px;}
.skowide p:first-line {font-size:14px; font-weight:bold;}
.skowide b {letter-spacing:1px; color:#769c00;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread