au claire de la lune
[html]
et tu m'as vu, une ou deux fois près de toi ramper
depuis tu ne m'as plus jamais regardé

xD No worries there, lol, I tend to be a slow poster all the time!

Word Count → 433

Hati was surprised to hear that he had woken Skoll; he always took precautions to be extra quiet in the house, but perhaps he had gotten careless tonight. His ears fell back another notch, though his brother hardly seemed upset. "Désolé, mon frère. I didn't mean to bother you. I've come out here a bunch of times now, and it never woke you before..." He stared contentedly up at the moon, basking in its pallid light. It seemed his secret was safe, because Skoll promised he wouldn't tell their parents. Perhaps it just wouldn't be as fun for him if he knew his family didn't care -- he liked having small secrets that didn't harm anyone. It made him feel more unique, less overshadowed by his charismatic siblings. It was also pleasant to have such quiet time to himself, free of expectations.

The cry of an owl sounded nearby, catching both brothers' attention. Hati swiveled his ears in that direction, noticing Skoll moved closer to the rock. "I... I wouldn't mind exploring. I mean, that sounds... exciting!" He blustered, trying to sound braver than he felt. In actuality, he did tend to follow the same trail every night he slipped out, so it was more routine than random impulse. He supposed if they did get lost or hurt in the dark, though, it would be an easy matter to wait until morning and let the sunlight show them where they needed to go. Yes, this would be a chance for him to be on par with his brother, rather than always being left behind.

Putting on a determined face, the midnight-furred wolfdog slid from his perch onto the ground, standing beside his littermate. His tail was waving like a banner, anticipation and a touch of anxiety causing what felt like butterflies in his stomach. When they were little puppies, interaction hadn't taken this much thought; it came easier, more naturally. Now that they were growing up and starting to choose different directions, it felt more like Hati needed to prove himself as an equal, whilst maintaining some measure of dignity. He wondered if Skoll was overthinking things as well, or if his brother was always confident in himself and therefore never had to worry about messing up. "Which way should we go first?" he asked, pale blue eyes meeting vivid green. He could have taken charge, but already fell into the old habit of deferring to Skoll's authority. The cloak of night at least let him be more assertive, holding his brother's gaze with ears perked forward, waiting for a response.

<style type="text/css">
@import url(http://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family= ... Swash+Caps);
.razti-01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#3744bb; letter-spacing:1px;}
.razti-01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.razti-01 {margin:0 auto; width:98%; max-width:600px; background-color:#010101; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/CiMbI.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000; padding:3px 0px 310px 0px; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#9ea0b6; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
.razti-01 .lyrics {text-align:center; font-family:'Macondo Swash Caps'; font-size:33px; line-height:25px; letter-spacing:1px; color:#3744bb; padding:2px 0px 10px;}
.razti-01 .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #3744bb; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px;}
.razti-01 .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px;}
</style>
Table by Raze!
[/html]

Messages In This Thread