Fistful of Love
[html]

Eventually she'll realize she can draw things from memory (photographic memory), though she can't read as she doesn't know what the letters mean and thus has no idea what the alphabet is haha...cute.

Word Count → 348

Palaydrian didn’t fully believe Jiva and was sure the red man was just trying to butter her up, but she allowed her smile to grow in width anyway. The Siamese woman was just happy that she could actually draw something called a circle and was still pretty captured in the magic such a small tool contained. Writing was something she had only dreamed of as a pup, dragging her claws through mud and able to “draw” a series of parallel lines. The girl had little doubt in her mind that Jiva would have her drawing and writing in no time, especially once the rope cuts and bruises on her wrists were healed.

She felt butterflies when he grabbed her hand and led it to picking up the pen again. Drin knew she’d do anything for him and if it meant a little uncomfortableness in her wrist at the moment, so be it. She allowed his hand to guide hers through the air as he demonstrated what he wanted. A line! She thought with excitement, but now with one object instead of all her claws. She nodded with understanding and once his hand fell away, she put the pen back to the paper and began mimicking the same motion.

Surprise and awe didn’t leave her face as the pen tip was followed by a gray line. She drew a few lines beside one another, each one straighter than the last. Maybe this whole writing business wasn’t as hard as she thought. His next words caused her tail to wag more happily. I have heard of this alphabet, and I know it contains letters...but the only one I know looks like this, she explained, attempting to draw the series of letters she had seen on the map. She made a small circle next to one of her larger ones from before, and another one after it with a line running off the right side and then filled in the rest she could see in her mind. Drin had drawn the word “Ocean”.

Table credit goes to Raze! <3.

<style>
.drinwolf {background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/mpbJy.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-color:#c8b284; width:500px; margin:0px auto; text-align: justify; padding:415px 0px 5px 0px; color:#6e6249; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; line-height:16px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; outline:1px solid #000000;}
.drinwolf b {color:#9ff1c5; text-shadow:#6e6249 1px 1px 2px; letter-spacing:1px;}
.drinwolf p { text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; }
.drinwolf p.ooc { font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:11px; }
.drinwolf .wordcount {letter-spacing:0px; font-size:11px; font-weight:bold; border-top:1px dotted #fff; text-align:right; padding:0px 5px; text-transform:uppercase; margin:0px 15px 15px 15px;}

</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread