I've ran my colors dripped down and drained out
[html]

WC: 460 // Sorry for making you wait as well! Smile

The thought of deserting Vinátta made her stomach twist with anxiety. This was her last chance to settle down; she was already five years old, and had accomplished nothing in her youth. If things didn't work out here as well, she was done trying -- she would wander forever and die alone, without friends or children to remember her name. "I certainly don't intend to leave," she reassured him, a guilty frown playing on her lips. She hadn't intended to leave Crimson Dreams, either, but that whole situation had blown out of control faster than she could keep up with it. Things were more peaceful here, and even if it meant she could not have a mate, she would make it work.

"A fresh start... that is what I'm looking for, and I think I found it. I already feel more welcome here than anywhere else." And it was true, though she suspected it was mostly because she had not told them everything about her. She had not missed the way Ezra's ears fell back, how still and tense he had become during her story. Her past actions made him uncomfortable, though nothing he said could make her feel more ashamed than she already did. She hugged her knees more tightly to her chest, trying not to dwell on the mistakes she made. At least they had led her here.

She listened patiently as Ezra reciprocated, telling the tale of his travels. He mentioned that his extended family had mental instability, something Colibri was certainly accustomed to. For Lilin's sake, though, she decided not to mention Haku Soul; while she was used to the scrutiny and judgment she received for being the daughter of a deranged criminal, Lilin was not. And if her half-sister was young enough to avoid the stigma, Coli would not be the one to ruin that for her.

When Ezra casually mentioned Eli's birth, he reached a thoughtful pause, something that made Coli smile sadly. He did not say what happened to his child's mother, simply that he loved her, a sentiment that made her heart ache. Was that was had upset him during Coli's narrative? She didn't want to ask directly, knowing how painful the topic was. "So you've known Lilin and Saul for a while now...! I only met Lilin when spring began. We realized we were half-sisters after I told her my name, and she recognized it. It wasn't until later that I ran into Saul, and he told me about their plans for a pack together..." It was pure random chance, but she did not regret her decision to join the cavalcade as they passed through the Dampwoods on their way here. If she hadn't, she would still be a loner now.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread