all that makes us human continues
[html]
http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj31 ... sts/t4.png); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She stared intently into his similarly-colored eyes when he turned his attention to her — searching for any emotion, anything that might spare her any information on his thoughts. But all she could see was the haze of alcohol, clouding his mind clear through to his brain. She found her face creasing into a grim mask; Niki hadn’t expected them to be in such low spirits so early in their stay here in Esper Hollow. It was at this time that he, without warning, sank to the ground. Her hand dropped from his shoulder, and she then crossed her arms as he lie down; she watched him the whole time, making sure he wasn’t about to pass out or something. Nope, he seemed still conscious. Perhaps his life-or-death grip on that bottle was keeping him holding on to awareness. She sighed and then sank down to sit by him — though not close enough to where like she felt like she’d infect him or something.

The coyote shrugged at Laurel’s accusation; it wasn’t like she could deny it. “I’ve been worse,” she muttered, a pretty pointless stab at defending herself. She listened as he talked, her eyes never leaving him, before bitterly murmuring, “Hilarious.” Blonde guy… They had a blonde guy? Sure, she knew who Jasper was, but she hadn’t met his father before. She thought she had smelled him around, though — same with a few others that weren’t of the group but were still lingering around in the area. She hadn’t pursued them yet because she thought that they were guests enough. “Doesn’t make sense, though. Especially if the kid brought it to all of us.” She couldn’t blame any of them for being sick, but she could get angry at them for threatening the leaders about it. It wasn’t like they could wave magic wands and clear the sickness up. Sometimes she wouldn’t understand others’ logic.

Her olive eyes blithely stared at his small smile and then to the offered bottle. She frowned. Though it was completely out-of-character, the thought of the burn of alcohol along with her parched throat was completely appalling. “Strange as it is, no,” she said, her shoulders slumping slightly. Turning down booze? She must be really, really sick. “I’ve sworn to just water until I’m better, I’m afraid.”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread