One foot in front of the other
Jace was a prideful woman and the idea that one of her children was unable to defend herself filled her with a burning fury to help Keldava until she could depend on herself like she had always done upon Jace. The arctic hybrid wouldn't always be around to save her from danger and fight off those who would harm her so she had to teach her what she could while she could. Still her child's embarrassment and disheartened look prompted her to reach out and rest a hand upon her shoulder,

"This will not come to you immediately, I had to train for weeks, months and years still before I became where I am today. I am always learning myself, if you master this correctly then you never stop learning and in one respect you're always an novice because there is always something new that you can dedicate yourself to learning. There are so many different styles and ways, this is just one of them, my style, your own may be completely different, exactly same or anywhere in between those two." Keldava finally got her stance close to correct after a few attempts, although it was clear she was no graceful pixie just yet.

"That's better." Her doubled over ears fell with her daughter's hopelessness before raising themselves back up again, showing that she would not let this disappointment get her down. "You can only do what you can which is practice and practice more. Ignore the others and what they are doing, you think too much of her sisters' and brother's successes and so sure of your own failure that your continued failure is practically assured. What did I just tell you? Half the battle is within the mind, if you go into a fight thinking you will fail then you have already lost." She quoted herself again, this exact phrase had been repeated to her so many times,

"Do you want to know how long it took me to become secure enough in my optime form to begin fighting, two months. Two months of training and learning to walk and move from dawn until dusk whilst my sister managed it straight away. I was so angry at her because of it but it wasn't her fault, just like it isn't yours either, some of us have to work harder to achieve our goals. And look at me now." To demonstrate her point Jace moved her body back and forth into a series of extremely complicated stances, kicks and punches that blurred in the air and showing off the dexterity she had worked so hard for, even injured it was not a displace to sniff at, and when she was finished the woman was not even breathing hard.

Messages In This Thread