A New Day, A New Start
[html]
http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... iustab.png); background-color:#000f33; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; text-align:justify;">WC 300+

Make a wish when your childhood dies.

Her retort was just about as gracious as his original comment, but in response he just chuckled a little and gave a half smile. She was a little charming, for sure. He turned and walked toward one of the shelving units and started to rearrange things that did not appear to need reshuffling. “It’s also usually common courtesy to know who you’re lipping off to before you do it.” His eyes turned to her and he looked at her sideways, without turning his head. He paused for a minute before turning to find an empty sconce on the wall to hang the torch in so he could empty his pack. “I hear it’s also common courtesy not to stare at someone’s injuries.” He gave another half smile, the torch now propped up in the rung on the wall, and turned toward her. “I would apologize and shake your hand like a proper gentleman, but…” he held up his bandaged hands, which she had already seen, and shrugged.

There been no actual offense to his station, because he and the woman were the same rank and he was not interested in pretending to be higher on the social ladder than he really was, so he left it at that. “Just a word of advice, you might want to be more careful about who you talk back to until people get to know you better.” He opened his pack and began emptying the contents, placing the rough wooden sticks on the shelf. His mangled left ear bent towards her as she started talking again, and he looked over to see her looking a bit exasperated and apologetic.

He watched her for a moment and then gave a lopsided smile. “I’m Scorpius D’Angelo,” he offered her a wave in lieu of a hand shake for obvious reasons. “Son of Naniko D’Angelo.” When he said his mother’s name there was a deep affection in his voice, and his eyes almost appeared dreamy for a moment. He loved his mother, their Angela, dearly. The look melted away after a moment when he turned back to the shelf to see he had finished stocking it.

“So, what brings you here?” he didn’t mean Anathema, he knew it was the most alluring pack in all of Nova Scotia. “Come to craft something?”

[/html]

Messages In This Thread