What Lies Beneath
[html]

(341) I have been coding a profile for the past hour and my brain is on the frizz. ;m; And Robert is totally like, "But reading IS LIFE!!"

He became stumped as Eclipse again made a valid point against his argument. He did not like that, when she proved him wrong in some way. "What if I fall off my roof or a tree? What if beasts attack me? he asked rhetorically, almost like an excuse to her words. What he said were true possibilities, but it was a pessimistic outlook. "It is easier to read about life from the safety of my home than to risk my own going off doing things that need not to been done."

Why get myself killed for something pointless, he thought again in his mind. He thought leaving his house to hunt was enough danger for him, being surrounded by strangers and other unknown beings. Robert wanted to stick to what he knew--books--for as long as he could. If it ended up being his whole life, he may as well enjoy it. Better to die of old age with a good book on his side than to get hurt by something else.

For a moment, he thought about saying something against the stars, that they were not anything but bits of lights and far away nothings, but at least kept his mouth shut about that. He was disagreeable, but he tried his best not to be rude.

He blinked as she seemed to ask what paint was, but he was certain that she must have had a vague idea of it. "You know... Colorful liquid, making images with it? Painting? There are a few artists here, or at some point or another, that does that. It is kind of like drawing... if you know what that is. I..." He trailed off as he cut himself off, and jumped onto the next topic a bit too quickly.

"Because it is true, of course," he stated simply with a grin. His lips curled even further as Eclipse said that she would take the house, though they faltered as she seemed concerned with something. "What's wrong?" he asked quizzically, unsure of what could be wrong.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread