Surprise Welcome
[html]

*Feels a little better* =) PGP + 5 Words - 500+

Jaden always became nervous around children. He wasn’t sure what about them made him so uncomfortable. Looking down on their frail bodies and persuadable minds always had the male wondering if what he did was proper and right to set an example for them. He also always felt that saying the wrong thing or doing something they found upsetting or even terrifying might have the little ones cowering in fear or breaking down at his paws. He didn’t know what they feared and had no idea how to handle an upset little one. Maybe it was the fact that, while she was little in comparison to the two large tundra wolves standing by her, Sira was in most senses a fully mature adult jackal which allowed Jaden to have more confidence in himself.

The optime didn’t move while she approached him for fear that any movement would have the scared canine into hysterics. He let her analyze him and took in what she had to say for all it might be worth but not before casting X’yrin a cautious glance to make sure he wasn’t doing anything wrong. She spoke and he opened his mouth to answer, but stayed quiet as she jumped back. So she had been abused. Her word’s explained it by the question she posed. A deep sadness settled in Jaden’s gut for the implications her words held. Had she truly never met a male who hadn’t hurt her? Was it so common in this world for the masculine members of the canine species to take advantage of females who couldn’t defend themselves, to “touch” them? The thought had him disappointed and slightly angry, all of which he showed only through a slight pursing of his lips. The frail little body posed more questions but he had the sense they were more the words of a confused mind than something he need answer for. Then she hid behind X’yrin before showing fear for something that was watching her from in the cave with them. Jaden turned and looked over his shoulder despite not hearing or smelling anything. The jackal’s fear was genuine enough to have him doubting his own senses. His beloved spoke to the little one with more motherly words to comfort her as the male turned his attention back to them.

Gently, he folded his legs and sat on the soft floor. I won’t hurt you Sira, he repeated, I promise. And there is no one else here with us. If there were, I would fight them off. I will protect you, he was playing off the words of X’yrin, hoping Sira trusted her enough to believe him, You are safe here… Is there anything I can do to make you more comfortable? The Alpha was tired and he wanted badly to catch up with some sleep and socialize with his fellow leader a little, but he could see that Sira needed him. It appeared X’yrin had gone out of her way to care for her and he would help all he could.

Jaden does. Jaden speaks. Jaden thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.jadenlight-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.jadenlight b {font-weight:bold; color:#7e92a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.jadenlight p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jadenlight {margin:0 auto; background-color:#163b59; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/s662hc.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#0c2134; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #0d1720; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]

Messages In This Thread