What Lies Beneath
[html]

Word Count » 357 :: OOC: Love how they are so very different. LOL

She blinked. Her face a stare of incredulity. Was he really that paranoid? Did he think that anything and everything bad was going to happen? What had the poor man been reading to keep him locked up in a room. Though instead of comforting him she burst out laughing.

“You are asking the wrong girl. I got myself caught in traps, nearly drowned, had a run in with a cougar... I’m still fine. We are wolves wolves take risks to live a fulfilled life. You should take a risk... to sit beside a tree or just outside your home. It won’t hurt you i swear on my life. It is invigorating, enthralling, and I have learned far more about plants than anything a book can tell me. Has there been a book that taught you how to hunt say?”

She asked raising an eyebrow. Surely he’s hunted before. What wolf in their right mind wouldn’t hunt? The thought was ludicrous to think about and yet she had the oddest feeling of what his answer was going to be. She rolled her eyes as he spoke of painting.

“I know what it is...sort of but I didn’t think wolves did such a thing. I have drawn in the dirt as a puppy and I knew some people drew in their books but... painting is so... well difficult to come by I suppose. I have seen paintings but not how it was done.”

So apparently she had shown something to the boy who thought such a thing as common knowledge, but of course it wasn’t, not in the packs she had been in. Not in the lifestyles she had been accustomed to. At his words she made her face blank.

“It’s... it’s nothing really. I am just overwhelmed is all.”

She was lying through her teeth and she knew it, but she didn’t want the man to feel sorry for her, not now. He was treating her like a decent part of the pack, she wasn’t going to make people feel sorry for her now.

<style>
.free-a41 .ooc {font-style:italic;}
.free-a41 .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold; font-style:normal;}
.free-a41 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.free-a41 b {color:#6f6868; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.free-a41 {font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7a364d; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; text-align: justify; margin:0px auto; margin:5px auto; width:470px;}
.free-a41 .inner{background-color:#cfcfcf; background-image:url(http://anna.sleepyglow.net/images/gifts/free-a41.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:200px 0px 10px 0px; border:0px solid #fff; width:470px; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Anna
[/html]

Messages In This Thread