What Lies Beneath
[html]
(518) Rob will be all Mr. Frostypants the entire time and gripe. |:< And Rob doesn't know what to do. xD; He never dealt with emotional people before.

He saw the playful look in her eyes, and he immediately disliked it. It could mean nothing but trouble, especially from a woman who went through some much trouble in her life. All that turmoil certainly did not come up to her by chance--she must have been one of those adventurous types at one point or another, the ones that he read about in a few of his fictional books. Good never befell on them in the journeys... Well, they did have the happy ending, but they had to go through so many impossible obstacles, and Robert simply did not want to be troubled with things that were akin to that.

"I'm a good hunter, I'll show you, alright!" he stated in defensive of himself, perhaps a bit too loudly than his usual even tone. He was somewhat aware that he was the best man when it came to hunting, but surely he was better than Eclipse at least, or so he thought. He could show her up, prove that he was adequate enough for her standards. Little did he know that he was actually being reeled in by the woman, blinded by his pride and the fire to show that he could do things that did not concern books. "Name a time, place, and I'll prove that I can hunt. I'll show you," he repeated with a huff, crossing his arms over his chest.

Robert had expected a, more or less, calm response instead of the emotional words that spilled quickly and loudly from her lips, despite seeing the rising anger that appeared on her face. When she started to move her arms around wildly, he backed away slightly, and roughly hit the frame that led into the room they were in. He spoke a tiny, automatic "ow", but it was easily drowned out by the other's shouting. He set the lantern down as he used his hands to rub the spot the wall had sore, and looked back at Eclipse. He had thought she would still look hellish, but again he was taken aback by her wet eyes. For a moment, he tried to think what he'd done wrong, but he had no time to think.

"Its going to be okay, miss Eclipse,", he said, a bit cautious as he slowly re-approached her, since she did not know if she was going to have another heated outburst or start bawling. He regretted asking her what was wrong, and could only blame himself for making her do this. Tentatively, he placed a hand on her shoulder that slightly faced away from him, his cream hand unsure but at least trying. "You can have some of my books... I think I have pots that I can bear without, too. And I think the stables has some hammers, and...

"Don't cry, please," he pleaded, almost childishly. He caused this, he knew it, and he wanted to take it all back. He did not want to make her upset, and he did not know how to make her happy again like a few moments ago. He just didn't know.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread