In the arms of Safety.
[html]
OOC: Oh, haha. / +524

The moment the stormy giant opened his arms to her she rushed forward and threw her own arms around him, hands holding onto him tightly. Fayne pressed her face into his chest, the tears breaking through the pathetic wall she'd created and coming to run down her cheeks. At least this time, she was letting her emotions out sooner rather than later. Holding them in had caused her a great deal of stress and lack of sleep, not to mention frustration in herself. This time, she had someone to hold her and help her through it.

Even though the salty tears were flowing, she tried to keep them to a minimum. Her sniffles were rare and quiet, still trying to keep it together when it was already too late. She couldn't keep her mind off of Kohaku and Amy, all the things that had happened that day. The way the puppy had been so proud of what she was doing and what she was teaching him. He was sure to become a monster and to Fayne, it was her fault alone. It was always like her to take other's burdens onto herself, to take all the blame. She'd failed to help him and herself, again. Noah's comforts were helping though. His warmth, the sound of his breath, the beating of his heart were all helping her slowly calm down. A long shuddered breath was taken before she was finally able to push back the tears and look up to her handsome mate with watery and puffy eyes.

His chest rumbled when he spoke, their bodies pressed together and the vibration of it being shared between them. Every small detail was helping her calm down. In all, it was just him being there and answering her call. It meant the world to her. The disagreement was evident in her eyes when he tried to change her opinion of herself. The facts were all there. What could she do that helped anyone? Either way, he was here and trying.But, what am I good for? I can't hunt, or heal people like you and Deuce do. I can't fight...I can't do anything. The two questions were left unanswered for a few moments as her mind drifted once more to the puppy, and Amy. Then deep green eyes looked down to focus on his chest when she spoke. Amy. She defeated me again and this time it wasn't just my life at stake, the puppy. Kohaku. I had a chance to save him and I failed. Her lip quivered. She was trying so hard to contain herself. She's teaching him how to be a monster like she is. I could have stopped it...

When she was sure she wasn't going to cry she looked back up to meet those stunning blue eyes. You can help me by being here. You already helped by coming. I needed you, and you came. That was true. When she turned to see him walking towards her she'd instantly lit up. It was inevitable when she was around him.

<style type="text/css">
.fayneflower b {font-weight:bold; color:#eedaca; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cb6095; }
.fayneflower p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 16px; margin:0px;}
.fayneflower {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#b5bde2; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/MxGXB.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #f6e1da; padding: 325px 0px 7px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cb6095; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #; letter-spacing:.6px; word-spacing:.9x; line-height:13.3px; text-align:justify;}
.fayneflower p b:before { content: open-quote; }
.fayneflower p b:after {content: close-quote; }
</style>
table by Nat - textures courtesy of 3-sisters-stock

[/html]

Messages In This Thread