Hop and Pop
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc:

The meal was not going down her throat fast enough, but it would have been rude of her to quickly excuse herself to get to a water source. Though the prey was small, it was still caught in effort and etiquette demanded it be acknowledged… and perhaps critiqued.

She hadn’t thought to bring into question the diet of a jackal until this very moment as she began taking about ‘crawlies’ and other critters she could catch. They were all small game, but then the young woman was small herself. Perhaps insects were a delicacy for her pallet? But clearly not for the she-wolf. Whilst swallowing to push down the remaining legs, she about choked on a splintery limbs when the helpful girl suggested finding more. “NO!” she exclaimed in terror, then recoiled and hurriedly gathered herself. “No…pardon me… I meant it’s alright Sira. You needed find anymore. Besides… I think it’s a taste that you a better used to.” Ignoring the distasteful churning in her stomach, she offered a smile in the hopes of smoothing down the damages of her outburst.

“But I am glad you shared this with me,” she continued. “The next time we hunt on our lands, I will make certain to add this special treat to your meals.” Even if it meant touching the ‘crawlies’ with her own muzzle…while they were alive. She stifled a shudder.

There was a noticeable change that had overcome Sira, X’yrin had acknowledged as the days went by. At least with her she was not as skittish, more opened and engaged without the lingering tether of her trauma restraining her. It was like watching a pup fearful of the world come into her own and blossom mentally to what she was meant to be. Only had she ever experienced this transition from a distance while with her distant Nomad family. The young too frightened to emerge from their dens, certain that the light were burn their delicate eyes. But gradually with those first moments of faith and bravery, they would walk out into the sun and see they were safe under its warming gaze.

353 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;