Risks of letting go
[html] She kept him busy. A flush came to her face when he said that, though she had no real reason for embarrassment. They were best friends, she saw him almost daily and when they weren't practicing the martial arts together they were engaging in conversation or other tasks. Truthfully she wasn't sure what about his statement brought the warmth to her cheeks. Sea green gaze looked out over the water as Oak finished his answer. Something missing? Yes certainly there was, but what exactly? "I do, though I cannot quite place what precisely "it" is. I do like the orchard and Berwick, but even within our little group I feel like there is a void in this form of living that was not there when living in Crimson Dreams." The mention of the former pack's name stirred a nostalgic sigh from within her. Her arms moved from behind her back to folding in front of her, a hand cradling her chin as she thought.

"I feel, like we lack true unity as a group. We go about our daily business, working to better the orchard and keep each other safe but in the end, as close as we all are, I don't feel the unity that a pack provides." Despite all of her words she still struggled to grasp the real point of what she was saying. Perhaps she really didn't know, but it felt like the answer was on the tip of her tongue. She longed for structure. Crimson Dreams had had structure, a pack mentality even with the tremendous emphasis on equality. Whenever the need arose the hierarchy became clear and the pack would unite around a common goal, as one. While no such need had arisen yet in the cider house group, Cassia felt that if a situation presented itself the group would lack that ability to act as one and the idea unsettled her. Even as much as she hated the class system of her old homeland, there had never been any question of safety or indecision when a dire need arose. Her father had always been able to step up and, with the other leaders, bring order to whatever situation, whether she agreed with the method or not. Even in during the rebellion that had landed her in the 'Souls lands there had been unity in the actions. Was there such a thing in their group in Berwick?[/html]

Messages In This Thread