A Canine Encounter
[html]

Alastar
One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.

OOC Text:

Word Count: 353

The black and white wolf-dog wriggled impatiently until she finally saw the two new beachgoers. A large creature, easily three times the size of the still young Mato, accompanied a...puppy? Alastar's head tilted in utter confusion. Mato made a point to remind her nearly every day that a bear and a pup were quite an odd combination, but apparently it was more commonplace than the black bear thought.

Alastar growled to herself. This was her part of the beach. She woke up especially early to get to see it. Mato or not, if the big brown bear hadn't attacked the other pup, perhaps it would not harm Alastar. Of course, that's not what she was thinking as she scrambled back up the rocks, claws scratching for traction on the stones. She perched at the highest point, much like earlier, though she prepared to speak this time.

Hey! Why are ya on my beach? Alastared bellowed surprisingly loud for a pup her size. She shifted her weight eagerly from paw to paw, as if to appear anxious to attack. The opposite was true. Alastar was, in fact, quite nervous, and perhaps afraid. The only two bears she had ever met were much smaller; even Mato's mother was maybe half the size of this bear. And another wolf? A canine? She had not seen nor smelled one in almost two weeks, since she had left, but then again she wasn't that good with keeping up with time yet. Mato insisted she couldn't have possibly traveled from New Brunswick to their home in the valley in a week, but Alastar's memory, though young, made a valiant effort to recreate the pup's travels. This rock formation was, in fact, the first time she turned into the forest, and broke away from the shoreline.

Alastar shook her head. She was letting herself be distracted by thoughts that were irrelevant to the situation, and, once again, she found herself wishing she was older. Okay...Not my beach. So. Uh...hello? Alastar's confidence sank drastically as she exhaled a defeated sigh, but she maintained her posture as she awaited a response.

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread