Letting myself look the other way
[html]

We can actually wrap it up here. :o Or next post can be your last one.

Wilson purred briefly in amusement. “Oh, we are bloody horrible, he said, trying to sound alarmed at his own species’ evil cunning. “Especially the little cute ones. Me, I’m civilized, but once they figure out how to use their claws…” He trailed off there, both for drama and because he realized he was being a bit ridiculous conversing with this luperci. He grinned awkwardly then did all he could do in that situation: drape himself across Lev’s neck and sweep his tail affectionately over the Turkish wolf’s ears. “Lev can’t either,” he added, one last cheeky statement before he closed his eyes.

Levent could only laugh through the interaction. “Curiosity kills the cat,” he said, smiling although it was a serious warning. “The little villain will surely get into everything, but if you have another cat in the pack to show him the ropes and teach him the rules, he should get along fine. You can teach him high speech, too, if you work with him while he’s young.” He’d helped to tutor some of the cats in London, too, even if many of them spoke the same language as the large, intelligent predators; Wilson had learned both growing up too.

The female gestured for him to follow, and Lev paused for a moment, his ears pricking with curiosity as she mentioned a horse. “I’ll have to check her out,” he said, trying to sound casual although it was clear from the brightening of his pale blue eyes that the thought of a pretty horse pleased him. Even if Cercatori didn’t need any more communal animals, he might take her himself.

Grace suddenly threw him a look, and Levent calmly walked over to her and gathered the kitten into his hands with a soft mew, settling it down. He gave a more direct meow to Wilson, who sighed but leaped off his shoulders and gathered up the kittens, managing to lead them back to the camp where he would watch over them. He seemed less than pleased to be apart from Levent, but the kittens looked up to the white tom, and he could babysit them well enough.

“He’ll get used to you, sevgilim, Levent told Grace, smiling. “I’ll hold him while we walk, at least most of the way,” he offered, stroking the kitten and nodding for her to go on ahead. “He’ll be ready to scamper around your den while you work in no time.”

<style type="text/css">
.lev1cai b {font-weight:bold; color:#C05D5C; text-shadow:#1b1511 1px 1px 2px;}
.lev1cai w {font-weight:bold; color:#c5c6dc; text-shadow:#1b1511 1px 1px 2px;}
.lev1cai p {padding:5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:0px;}
.lev1cai {margin:0px auto; width:500px; background-color:#5e5753; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/3B5yq.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #534b47; padding:220px 0px 5px 0px; font-family:georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#bdb5b0; line-height:16px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px;}
.lev1cai .ooc {font-style:italic; font-size:11px; text-align:center;}
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread