Lanzallamas
[html]

The stranger spoke, causing el Extranjero’s pace to slow and his dark eyes to turn towards the male’s as he approached and eventually halted. There was not exactly suspicion in the stranger’s eyes, but there was a subtle kind of curiosity, as if he were wondering vaguely about el Extranjero’s purpose here. Gabriel had told him of the wolf pack that would not welcome any coyote nearby, but this creature did not seem hostile. It transpired that there were several neighbouring wolf packs.

“I have been asked that so recently; it seems to me that the locals are not used to strangers,” said the Spaniard with some amusement, expecting an immediate contradiction, but nonetheless standing by the fact that generally, it seemed, strangers in these parts were perceived as needing some “help” with the goal. Which was either immensely patronising or distractingly suspicious, depending on the attitude of the speaker.

El Extranjero was momentarily diverted by the scent of another coyote nearby, and he blinked in the appropriate direction for a second before returning his gaze to the wolf. “Gracias for su offer, but I am quite able.”
[/html]

Messages In This Thread