Troubling Child
[html]

Alastar
One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.

OOC Text:

Word Count: 472

Alastar was no longer paying Amy much attention. The brief touch to her throat did coerce a rather loud gulp, but she wasn't scared. As long as she listened to Kohaku, how bad could it be? She sank close to the ground, near lying on it. She remembered how angry her father became when she looked him in the eyes, so instead, Alastar focused her gaze on the other pup's feet. It was rather difficult to do. She wanted to see the color of the pup's eyes, but she did not give in. As she spoke, her voice carried confidently but it was quieter than usual. She longed to get back to Mato. Mato wouldn't let Amy kill her...

Name's...Alastar... she near-squeaked, her thoughts still with Mato and the dinner he'd bring; a mix of berries and probably a rabbit he'd happened upon by chance. Can call me...Allie or Star, if ya like, I reckon. 'S what others do. Alastar suddenly felt quite homesick. She wanted to curl up by Maya and Brogan. She regretted running away, and her body near began to shudder in a sob. She chased it away though, trying to be strong. She ran away. It was her choice, and now she had to make the choice right. With a sigh, her voice grew stronger. An'...if ya want ta play...I gotta say I'ma pretty good 'un...Can play tag, an' wrestle, an' hunt an' fish, even teach ya bout some berries... Alastar thought for a moment, then realized that calling Kohaku...Kohaku, would be out of the question. It was the same way when Father would not let her call him papa, term Brogan won rights for when he won a battle...that Alastar would let him when, and the male sibling knew it. The first time Alastar won, she did not receive dinner and slept outside. It was a male's job to win a fight, and since she was bigger than Maya, and no other wolves in the area had pups...so until Brogan was of age, Alastar was his wrestling partner. The brother never truly hurt her. He knew what his father did was wrong. After fights where Alastar had received an excessive bite or gash, the red pup would find his sister and give her a lick and a quick apology. But Brogan was silent, and that was often all he would say.

Brogan was not Kohaku, either. So...uh...sir? Er...master? Whatcha wanna do? she asked, her tail thudding a bit in an attempt at eagerness to please. It wasn't all that fake though. Alastar's body truly vibrated with energy, though it was far from 'playing' energy and more like 'fleeing' energy...She wondered if their would be a way for her to escape in the night, but that would have to wait until they were all supposed to be sleeping.

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread