Troubling Child
[html]

Alastar
One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.

OOC Text:

Word Count: 404

Tag! Alastar's body wriggled in eagerness, the molecules within her vibrating for the chase. The white and black wolf-dog had already caught wind of the other pup; his scent was intriguing. There was, of course, the forest they were in, sprinkled around his coat like a new coat of dew. He hadn't been in this forest long it seemed to Alastar. There was also Amy's scent, and another wolf's, though she had not seen another. It did not matter. What puzzled her though, was the heavy, underlying smell of many wolves. The wolf-dog wondered if he had once belonged to a pack.

Her thoughts bounced back to the trail she was hunting. The bushes had been a nice touch, she thought. The weaving wasn't something a rabbit would do. Perhaps a coon, but not a rabbit. Alastar had noticed what he'd done, but made an effort to appear stumped. Were the game too easy she worried that Amy might hurt her. She continued to follow the trail, at a much, much slower pace than Kohaku zipped along it. Her tail wagged lazily, and her nose remained pressed to the ground. Instead of jumping across the objects he had jumped across, Alastar merely trotted around them, taking her time to work the trail.

After perhaps five minutes of patient tracking, Alastar finally bumped Kohaku's rear with her nose. She giggled and lay down behind him, wondering if she had caught him by surprise. Yer trail's good, she said, Is like'a 'coon, smart an' wiley. I can't catch'em yet, only rabbits an' chipmunks. Made mah head hurt, Alastar rolled to her side and awaited her master's response. Again, however, though her body displayed submissiveness, her mind did not cease at scenarios to escape the clutches of Amy. She feared for Kohaku. She had noticed the injury on his shoulder. She immediately realized that if running away was tried, Alastar herself would be severely dealt with, so she made a note to not try anything shifty unless she was certain to make it back to Mato. Though the bear was young, he'd put up a fight for Amy, and if not, then it would certainly not be long until Mato's mother came to battle for her son.

Alastar let out a huff of a sigh, but tried to smile and seem eager. What we gon do now? I can show ya how to hunt if ya like?

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread