Clover and Dock
[html]

Alastar
One of the most adventurous things left us is to go to bed. For no one can lay a hand on our dreams.

OOC Text:

Word Count: 437

Mato answered before the hyperactive wolf-dog could. His voice was to the pups' left, booming from behind some bushse. Can eat lots of 'em, lil'un. Ta' two Alastar told ya 'bout are commun. Will prolly be able to spot 'em easy once ya see 'em. The black bear came out holding a few plants for the pups to see. Alastar sat on her rear, grinning, tail wagging eagerly. Plants were definitely not her favorite thing to eat, but they were nice snacks when a chipmunk or rabbit couldn't be found.

The first piece of greenery that Mato held forth was stick-like with a little white bud on the end of it. He poked it into Alastar's nose. Bittacress. Got a bit'ta spice to it, one of my likens. If ya can find clover an' dock, odds are bittacress sum'er 'round too. Alastar snickered and eagerly nipped the bud of the flower while Mato handed another one to Athena. While Mato fished out another plant, Alastar whispered to Athena. 'Sactually bittercress. Dunno why he says it like dat. The pup giggled, but Mato heard her and snorted. A smile crept upon his muzzle despite himself, and he continued. A large bear paw tossed an entirely white entity at Alastar. The stem and the bloom both were white as snow. Yer so smart yerself, name 'at'un, pup, he said with a smile.

Alastar stuck her tongue out and sniffed the white flower, pondering. Is a... Her little pink tongue flicked across part of it, then she grinned. Ghost plant! Alastar exclaimed happily, tail wiggling. She eagerly devoured the plant while, again, Mato handed another one to Athena. Taste's plain to me, don't like it much, but if ya eat it with bittercress an' some meat, boy does it taste good! We can find some when we leave tamarra!

Mato nodded in agreement. Would be good for ya ta' learn 'em now an' practice 'em later. Mato stood up on his hind legs and stretched with a yawn. Ya Luperci wolfs can cook ta' plants too. Use 'em wid ta' meat. Had some 'couple times, stew er sometin'. Was good. Make some fer me one day, Star, jus' dun poison me 'cause ya half pay 'tention. The black bear took a drink from the stream and shrugged. Why doncha two go play or sometin'. Gonna find me sum berries in ta' forest. Was nice meetin' ya, Athena, said the bear. He waddled off slowly into the forest. Alastar giggled and began nibbling at the greenery he had left behind.

So! Which one ya like better!? she asked her canine friend.

I wish I was strong enough to lift not one, but both of us.

[/html]

Messages In This Thread