here in the dark, i cherish the moonlight
[html]

(331) I realized that after I wrote it. XD She's like a weird mix of Game of Thrones and Hannibal Lecter.

There was no room in the world for weakness or mercy. Salvia had learned that early on, taking kills from wounded animals, their offspring. She understood this as the truth, and so lived her life by its principles. It was a cold, unromantic view of the world. Whatever part of her was yet untouched by frost lingered deep, buried to protect itself—though perhaps Magnolia was right in thinking she was gone.

The cold expression on her face barely changed, though not long ago hot flames would have licked at her innards and made fury blot her vision. There was no outburst, only silence.

Whatever Magnolia looked for was not present within her. The words felt like the beating of soft, breakable wings. The Tigress remained a mountain. “My heart was cut from my breast,” she said coldly. “The day my father fell in battle. I was by his side,” Salvia reminded her older companion sharply. Where had she been? There were many questions left unspoken, many challenges in her eyes. She stared down the she-wolf, eyes burning with pent up violence, and lifted one hand to the deep, thick scar under her collarbone.

“I tell you now,” the Cicerone went on. “That I let you speak freely because of him. You are an ignorant brat,” she hissed, but her expression and her tone hardly changed. “And soft like the pack you came from. Learn your place; I will not mother you like Eris, and I certainly don’t love you.” The idea was laughable. Even her own family felt no love from the monstrous thing she had become.

“Salsola is a family,” the blonde girl echoed, and a faint smile cut across her face, illuminating white teeth outlined by black and pink. “Like your little family, hm? You should think of your children, Maggie. It would be a shame if something happened to them.” The threat hung, dangerous and heavy, like a pendulum above them. It was not a bluff.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread