saddle warm
[html]
That's adorable! And Una is awkward as usual. x3

The abilities of a Tsulvwisdanehi had still not come to Unatsikanogeni, a fact that had vaguely troubled him at first but had now been shoved into his head by Udanvti. While she mostly wanted him to learn how to socialize with the other Tribe members and learn to care about them, actually completing his duties was just as important, and she'd flat-out told him so. He'd whined about it, of course, because there really wasn't anything he could do besides learn -- and he didn't know who to learn from.

"Who eats the crops, Unatsi?" the doe asked softly.

"The animals?" he'd answered, frowning and dropping his big ears.

Udanvti relaxed her strong stance -- unusually strong, for such a graceful and meek-looking creature -- and nodded. "The animals eat the crops. You must learn what crops the animals eat. Go and ask." She disappeared before he could protest.

That had been that morning, and the ruddy-furred man strolled awkwardly stumbled toward the paddocks, dreading what he'd have to do. In the spirit of the Cherokee, he thought horses as beautiful and useful, but he'd never been very good with them, and never enough to have a horse of his own. Rubbing shoulders with them while he looked for one of their caretakers was not a task he looked forward to. He scowled and shuffled around the side of the fence, watching the herd running about for a moment before slipping into the barn.

It took a moment for his eyes to adjust to the darkness, although shafts of light leaked in from gaps in the wooden structure. He sneezed, sending dust motes whirling, and looked around. He wasn't sure what he was expecting (a list of food the animals wanted, maybe), but his investigation was only short-lived. He heard footsteps and whirled around, prepared to be reprimanded for trespassing, until he realized the red and white face was one that he recognized.

"Oh! Osiyo, Io, dohadvne?" Unatsi asked, smiling awkwardly. "If I'm -- if I'm in the way or anything, just -- I'm probably in the way." He stepped quickly to the side, nearly pressed against the barn wall.

<style type="text/css">
.una2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#732814;}
.una2 p {text-indent:35px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.una2 {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#a1a86a; background-image:url(http://i.imgur.com/4vCbH.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #c0c0c0; outline:1px solid #000000; padding: 275px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: Verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#000000; line-height:16px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
wc: 370
[/html]

Messages In This Thread