Tides that I tried to swim against
[html]

Conri was gone. Kansas hadn't known, and he felt terrible for not finding it out for himself. This was what was hurting her, what he saw in her eyes that wasn't just discomfort from her pregnancy. He hung his head a littl, more regretful than ever in his entire life. Kansas' worst fear about this whole thins was true after all - his actions had torn Naniko and Conri apart.

His bright gaze turned back to her as she continued. It was hard for him to piece together, to understand the meaning of everything she said. Worried for her or Lucifer? Kansas didn't know Conri at all, but he hadn't thought the reddish male would hurt anyone. Then again, this was pretty big. He wanted to feel as relieved as she was, but it wasn't quite as comforting as he would have hoped: there was always Conri's reasons for leaving hovering behind it all.

I'm so sorry, Naniko. I... really am. I'm glad you're safe, and your puppies and...Lucifer, but - he trailed off; he couldn't possibly explain to her. He was sure she could take care of Twilight Vale herself, but it was yet another unfairness linked back to him. If I can help at all, with anything... will you ask me?

[/html]

Messages In This Thread