Homeless and Helpless
[html]
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b137/ ... ndrops.png); background-color:#d9d3cd; background-repeat: no-repeat; background-position: top; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; padding-right:0px; padding-top: 300px; border-radius:15px; -moz-border-radius:15px; -webkit-border-radius:15px; border-bottom-left-radius:15px; border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px; -moz-border-bottom-left-radius:15px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:15px;">

ooc: I gots permission to touch the puppy!

True healing with herbs had always been an art better suited to another family of the Nomads. Countless times before had she been convinced to learn their strange art should the need arise when she led her own warrior family as their Shepard. But always did she decline, believing that should the need be dire, she could call upon her cherished brethren to tend to those in need. But now as she looked at the little one, his back running red and small form trembling, she wished that the ancestors had granted her the sense to see those teachings as a blessing than a burden.

She knew only how to stop a wound from bleeding and letting it take its course in healing. The scar on her shoulder was a testament to this narrow ability. "I can only make the bleeding stop and set the wound," she spoke calmly to both the silver female and child. "But I am afraid you will scar little one... in time it will become a part of you, but it will not define you. It will be a reminder that your ancestors favor you, and reflect their wish for you to live on."

Gently, she reached out to take the pup, cupping a hand beneath his rear and placing the other beneath his belly for support. Taking care not to jostle him, she laid his body to rest against her forearm then brought the whole of him into the warmth of her chest, not minding the blood that stained her chest. "You will be alright, little one," her voice was soft if not but a whisper to his ears. Then gradually she lapped at his back, holding him securely to keep him still. Undoubtedly the ministrations would sting a little, but as the wounds were cleaned one at a time, they would come to clot and become somewhat numb. It was all she would do to ease his discomfort for now until she was able to take him to the den and wrap him properly.

Placing a hand atop his back to apply a steady, but gentle pressure to his wounds, the Nomad looked to his silver savior and gratefully dipped her head. "It is fortunate that you found him before anymore harm came to him. Though any further care will be done on my lands if you are comfortable with this condition." Her voice was firm but not overly so, though left no room for argument given the gravity of the situation. Yet as she pushed herself up by her legs to stand she looked down to the she-wolf, again with a smile akin to gratitude on her face. "You are welcome to come see him in a few days time. I assure you, he will be alive and well."

468 words.

<style>
.ooctable, .oocinfo {
background-image:none;
padding:10px;
line-height:12px;
margin:5px auto; width:85%;
background-color:#938d93;
border:1px solid #2d242d;
font-size:10px;
color:#2d242d;
border-radius:2px;