here in the dark, i cherish the moonlight
[html]

Watching Magnolia break was like watching cracks spread out over ice. Salvia saw it form in small lines of doubt, which grew and grew until there was an overwhelming change. Defiance bled into submission, as if Salvia had cut open a great vein and spilled it upon the earth. Her eyes narrowed slightly, pupils dilating just so as she tasted it upon her tongue. If this was power—this struggle to enforce her strength, to dominate—then Salvia would know it well.

In spite of herself, Salvia recalled some of Sirius’ behavior, thought on Magnolia’s own words, and gingerly laid one hand upon the silvery-gray wolf’s shoulder. “My mother,” she said gently, though the tone hardly suited her. “Suffered in the mind after she had children. I suspect it is natural,” the Tigress added. She would overlook the slip up, the words hinted, for whatever reason she felt. It seemed as if words were enough for her; Eris had to be beaten and bloodied before the golden she-wolf had seen fit to rip the leadership from her.

“Now then,” Salvia went on. “I have things I must attend to.” With that she removed her hand, gesturing wordlessly for the Confidant to leave. The battle had been won, and she desired sorely to return to her silence before the slaves made their way home.

<style>
#sal-tiger {
font-family:'times new roman', times, serif;
font-size:14px;
width:95%;
margin:0px auto;
line-height:18px;
}
#sal-tiger p {
text-indent:50px;
padding:0;
margin:10px 0;
}
#sal-tiger p.anatole-img {
text-align:center;
text-indent:0;
font-size:11px;
font-style:italic;
float:right; margin:5px;
}
#sal-tiger .txtooc {
text-align:left;
font-size:12px;
font-family:georgia, serif;
text-transform:none;
font-style:italic;
font-weight:normal; }
#sal-tiger .txtooc .word { font-weight:bold; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-style:normal;}
#sal-tiger b { letter-spacing:-.5px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size: 12px; }
#sal-tiger u { text-decoration: none; border-bottom:1px dotted #000000; }
#sal-tiger b.npc { letter-spacing:.5px; font-style:italic; font-weight:normal; }
</style>[/html]

Messages In This Thread